Morning Buns But Better
The doughy texture, the cinnamon sugar flavor, the buttery goodness of Morning Buns just reached new heights during our recent shoot for the Cooking With Cannabis show for our YouTube channel. Teddy made a mouthwatering batch of these favorite breakfast treats and it was hard to only eat one.
Check out the show on YouTube!
Crescent Roll Morning Buns
In the mood for a sweet treat to get your day going? These buns are simple, fast, and SO delicious. You might even have all of the ingredients in your kitchen now! Start the morning right with these delights.
Makes 4 Morning Buns
31mg THC per roll
- 1 Tube Crescent Roll (we used trader Joe’s version)
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 1 Tbsp Big Pete’s Cannabutter
- ¼ cup light Brown Sugar
- Cinnamon (as much as you’d like)
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Melt unsalted butter on the stove top or in the microwave, adding Pete’s Cannabutter at the end of the melting process; incorporate completely
- In a bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon
- Unfold Crescent Roll dough onto a clean work surface (use the whole sheet, rather than separating into individual rolls)
- Brush dough with ½ butter mixture
- Spread brown sugar mixture evenly over buttered pastry dough
- Roll dough into a log and cut into 8 equal pieces; arrange on prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar and more cinnamon
- When buns have come out of the oven, brush with the second half of your butter mixture and toss each in prepared granulated sugar mixture